The Presidential Election and Immigration

With the presidential election just around the corner, the headlines and news reporting are centered around the major issues facing this country. Amongst these headlines are many topics such as terrorism, healthcare, unemployment, the economy etc. However, in my...

read more

Children In Deportation

Children in Deportation       As a mother and a legal assistant working for an immigration attorney any story that talks about children being deported interests me. That is how I came across the story of Kimberly. Kimberly is a 19-year-old girl...

read more

Post-Conviction Relief

A conviction on your record can significantly affect your future. Post-conviction relief is governed by state and federal laws, so retaining qualified legal counsel is imperative in pursuing any avenues of post-conviction.

If you are convicted a crime recently, immediately talk to our criminal defense attorney. 

Even after serving a sentence for a crime, the conviction on your record can follow you for the rest of your life. Difficulties facing employment, higher insurance rates and trouble finding housing can all be situations you may face in the future. You can take active steps that may help eliminate charges off of your record.

Services we Offer

Statutory Motion to Withdraw A Plea 

 For example under California Penal Code section 1016.5 or if it is a federal conviction pursuant to 18 U.S.C. section 2255

 Constitutional Motion to Withdraw A Plea – Writ of Habeas Corpus or Writ of Coram Nobis 

For example because there was ineffective assistance of counsel by the prior criminal defense attorney or because the individual was denied his right to an interpreter

Motion to Reduce a Felony to a Misdemeanor

 For example under California Penal Code section 17(b)

Motion to Reduce a Sentence or Motion to Reduce a Restitution Order

For example in some cases if the immigrant can reduce the criminal sentence received or if they can reduce the amount of restitution ordered, it could eliminate their immigration problem or at least make their immigration case more hopeful

Rehabilitative Relief

For example under California Penal Code Section 1203.4, commonly referred to as an Expungement

Clear Your Record

I wanted to remove an old DUI conviction that I had a long time ago. I called Potts Martinez, they set me up with an attorney for a free consultation. They handled my case in a very professional way.They met all my expectations. I have no hesitation now to recommend Potts Martinez to my friends.


Delivery Man

Ask How We Can Clear Your Conviction

6 + 11 =


To receive updates regarding how COVID-19 affects our office, please consider subscribing to our email list. 

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This